Published: May 19, 2014 6:14 AM EDT
Updated: May 19, 2014 6:14 AM EDT

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A Jacksonville drug court for juveniles could be in danger of being scaled back or shut down due to a large drop in the number of teens being referred there.
    
The Florida Times-Union (http://bit.ly/1kh8Cgn) reports that some drug court supporters blame the office of State Attorney Angela Corey for the drop in referrals. Corey's office dismisses the claim.
    
Court Administrator Joe Stelma says the number of teens admitted to the program dropped from 92 in 2009 to 19 last year. He says so far this year, the numbers are about the same as in 2013.
    
Successful completion of the program allows teens to get treatment and avoid a criminal record. It's funded with a $1.3 million federal grant that runs through 2016. The city of Jacksonville also contributes $108,000 annually.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)