FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- In advance of each hurricane season, the Town of Fort Myers Beach issues Hurricane Re-Entry Passes to islanders and to island businesses. The purpose of these passes is to expedite re-entry to Estero Island once a mandatory evacuation order has been lifted. This service is provided to islanders free of charge, however registration and annual renewal is required.
From now until April 17th, residents can get a pass at the Communications Trailer in front of Town Hall between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. On Tuesdays, passes are available at Santini Plaza from 8:30 a.m. until noon. Monday through Friday, residents can get one at Town Hall, between the hours of 8:30 and 4:30.
1. Complete the application, including your signature and date.
2. Be sure to include your pass(es) number on the application, if this is a renewal, to insure that the database can be kept current. This will also assist us in replacing a lost or stolen pass.
3. The Town of Fort Myers Beach Re-entry Pass Application is located in the link at the bottom of this page, or can be found HERE. Applicants are encouraged to download and print out the .PDF forms provided on the website.
4. For your convenience you can:
a. drop off the application and supporting information at Town Hall, located at 2523 Estero Blvd.;
b. fax the application and supporting information to 239-765-0909;
c. mail the application and supporting information to: Town of Fort Myers Beach, 2523 Estero Blvd., Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931
(When using one of these methods above, please allow for adequate time to process the application and mail the pass. Please provide a mailing address if it is other than the local addresses required on the application.)
e. process your application at one of the designated Re-entry Pass locations. The locations, dates and times will be posted each year on the Town’s website, at Town Hall and in the local papers.
Please be certain to include or bring with you all requested information when submitting the application. Your application can not be processed without the required supporting information
5. Re-Entry Passes are property of the Town of Fort Myers Beach. The Town has authority to deny issue or repeal issued pass from anyone for reasons of providing false information.
6. A fee will be assessed for lost or stolen replacement passes.
1st Replacement- $5.00
2nd Replacement- $20.00
7. Passes are non transferrable.
To register, please provide the following:
1. State issued photo identification (i.e.: Driver’s License, Passport, Government issued ID).
2. Proof of Residency: Tax bill or Deed for property owners; current lease or letter from landlord and current utility bill for renters. (Max 2 Issued)
3. Businesses: Current tax bill or occupational license. (Max 3 Issued)
4. Property Managers: Property Managers License and list of properties managed. (1 pass per 5 properties managed, Max 5 Issued)
Passes should be hung on the rearview mirror or placed on driver’s side dashboard.
Download the application and instructions HERE.