LEE COUNTY, Fla --- The State Fire Marshal's Office says an electrical malfunction caused a 62 foot yacht to catch fire.
All that remains of Carl Natale's luxury yacht is a burnt frame, split in two.
Wednesday was the first day he had seen the yacht since it burned and sank.
"Maybe the good lord tests is every once and a while and I hope this is the last test I have," said Natale.
Investigators are calling the fire accidental.
A fire that could be seen for miles off the coast of Sanibel.
"Heartbreaking. Heartbreaking. But you know, we are alive. That's a plus. Believe me that's a plus," said Natale.
Investigators combed through the wreckage for hours, and still have yet to determine where the fire started.
Natale himself is a fire investigator, so he has an idea.
A fire suppression system in the engine room never went off, so that room can be ruled out.
"The suppression system in the engine room automatically shuts down the engines and that didn't happen so there was no fire smoke in the engine room," said Natale.
Natale told WINK News his wife is doing better, and the pair are just lucky to be alive.
He expects his insurance company to continue their investigation of the yacht over the next few days.