|Published:||Feb 27, 2014 5:17 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 27, 2014 12:55 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The Lee County Sheriff's Office is reminding drivers to prepare for extra traffic Thursday afternoon, as the defending World Champions the Boston Red Sox open star their spring slate.
The Red Sox open with a college doubleheader, playing Northeastern and then Boston College. All that starts around 1 p.m., but deputies are reminding drivers there could be high volume on the roadways before that as fans make their way to JetBlue Stadium.
They're encouraging driver to allow extra travel time and plan alternate routes if possible.
Deputies will be posted near the stadium to help ease traffic flow.
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Child killed after being backed over by truck
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba