|Published:||Feb 26, 2014 6:03 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 26, 2014 6:15 AM EST|
DARTMOUTH, Mass. (AP) - A Massachusetts sheriff says former NFL star Aaron Hernandez has been involved in a prison altercation.
Bristol County Sheriff Thomas Hodgson says the former New England Patriots tight end had an altercation with another inmate at the Bristol County House of Corrections on Tuesday.
Hodgson says jail staff are interviewing witnesses and reviewing surveillance video to figure out exactly what happened and determine whether charges are warranted.
A jail spokesman says neither inmate was seriously injured.
Hernandez is being held in a segregated housing unit with only a few other inmates.
The 24-year-old Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to murder in the killing of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd. The Boston man was dating the sister of Hernandez's fiancee.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store