|Published:||Feb 26, 2014 5:24 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 26, 2014 5:40 AM EST|
STARKE, Fla. (AP) - The man who built a bomb that killed a Florida Highway Patrol trooper is scheduled to be executed by lethal injection.
Drug trafficker Paul Howell is set to die for the February 1992 murder of Trooper Jimmy Fulford at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Florida State Prison.
Howell rented a car and paid another man to deliver a gift-wrapped box to a woman in Marianna. Along the way, Fulford pulled the man over for speeding on Interstate 10 just east of Tallahassee.
The man gave Fulford a false name and birthdate and was arrested. Howell was called about the rental car and asked if Fulford had permission to be driving it and never warned the dispatcher the bomb was in the trunk.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating shooting on Bokeelia