|Published:||Feb 26, 2014 2:54 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 26, 2014 2:54 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- A Lee County Ambulance, that was transporting a cardiac patient to NCH, was involved in an accident with a BMW just before 8:30 last night at 8th Street North and 4th Avenue North.
The ambulance was operating emergency lights and was approximately ½ block from the hospital ER entrance, according to the City of Naples Fire-Rescue Department.
Two Collier County EMS ambulances responded to the scene to transport the patient needing cardiac medical care that was in the back of the Lee County Ambulance, and to transport the female driver of the BMW.
Both vehicles sustained moderate to heavy damage.
The fire department cleaned up debris and leaking fluids at the scene.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo