|Published:||Feb 25, 2014 4:25 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 25, 2014 4:25 PM EST|
ENGLEWOOD, Fla.- Charlotte County detectives arrested three East Englewood men this morning on drug charges as the result of a search warrant at their residence.
As the result of previous tips received and an investigation of the location, detectives secured a search warrant for 11885 Newgate Avenue. Just before 7:00 a.m., as the detectives and members of the SWAT Team were preparing to execute the search warrant, Philip M. Keaser, 26, left the house and began to drive away, driving past the group’s staging area. Deputies stopped Keaser’s vehicle while the search warrant was served.
The SWAT team knocked on the door and announced themselves, but there was no answer from inside the house. They forcibly entered the residence and located Alex M. Petti, 24, and Dustin C. Strong, 20, both of the same address.
During the search of the residence, detectives said they located more than 25 grams of cannabis and cannabis seeds, a metal grinder, metal pipe and two digital scales, all with cannabis residue on them. They also allegedly found 48 small plastic baggies similar to those used to package cannabis for distribution.
Strong and Petti were both charged with Possession of More than 20 grams of Cannabis, Possession of Cannabis with the Intent to Sell and Possession of Paraphernalia. Keaser was charged with Possession of Less than 20 grams of Cannabis.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge