|Published:||Feb 24, 2014 10:46 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 24, 2014 8:37 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- A 12-year-old Cape Coral boy is dead after falling into a canal Saturday.
The Cape Fire Department said Adam Strongin was pulled out by his brother and bystanders. They quickly began CPR and witnesses said resuscitation efforts continued when firefighters arrived. Police say Strongin died at the hospital.
Grief counselors were on hand at Gulf Middle School today, according to the Lee County School District. Meantime, teachers tell WINK News they are remembering Strongin as a kid with a big personality, who loved the outdoors, fishing and reading.
Here is our story with some of those teachers:
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FSU students spend spring break 'serving the underserved'
- Former head of Harborside sues City of Ft. Myers