|Published:||Feb 24, 2014 1:18 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 24, 2014 1:24 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Boston Red Sox are taking their shiny, World Series trophies on tour!
The three most recent World Series trophies, 2004, 2007, and 2013, were displayed in downtown Fort Myers at the Marina at Edison Ford.
People lined up this morning about 15 minutes before the trophies even arrived, just to see them and take pictures with them.
Workers from the Edison and Ford Winter Estates collected $5 donations that will help support the Edison Ford Inventor's Summer Camp Scholarship Fund. The annual camp hosts 11 one-week programs for elementary school students at the Edison Ford Estates.
The trophies were only on display until 1:00 p.m.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school