|Published:||Feb 21, 2014 9:48 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2014 9:48 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY,FL. - "Operation Grow Away" Nets 8 arrest. The Lee County Sheriff's Office says a tip through Crime Stoppers lead them to investigate 26 possible grow house addresses in Lehigh Acres. The Sheriff's Office tells Wink News five grow houses were dismantled and 8 people were arrested. Three children were found living in two of the addresses,they were turned over to the Department of Children and Families.The total number of plants seized was 170 with a street value of $340,000.00.
The Investigation is ongoing. Count on Wink News to bring you the latest information
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigate trash compactor fire
- It's almost time to 'spring forward'
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward