|Published:||Feb 21, 2014 11:39 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2014 11:39 AM EST|
ELLENTON, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 19-month-old girl drowned in a bathtub at her home near Bradenton.
The Manatee County Sheriff's Office says Ellery Jackson was pronounced dead at a hospital after her mother rushed her there Thursday.
Investigators say Alyssa Jackson was bathing the gir and her 3-year-old son when she left them a lone to get something from another room. When she returned, the girl was under water.
According to an incident report, the mother called 911 and rushed the child to the hospital.
Investigators say they are investigating, but nothing appears suspicious.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend