|Published:||Feb 20, 2014 2:47 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2014 11:33 AM EST|
DELTONA, Fla. (AP) - A 19-year-old man is in custody after deputies say he stole a military Humvee and went on a joy ride from Sanford to Deltona.
The Volusia Country Sherriff's Office says Jose Quinones was stopped after swerving, running red lights and dragging a construction barrel under the vehicle Wednesday night.
Quinones told deputies he was bored.
He was charged with grand theft, driving under the influence, driving an unregistered motor vehicle and possession of marijuana.
Deltona drivers began calling the sheriff's office around 7:50 p.m. reporting a Humvee swerving with no headlights on. The barrel released at one point and nearly struck another driver. The Humvee was stolen from an Army Reserve facility despite the steering wheel being locked with a cable and padlock that limited its ability to turn.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool