|Published:||Feb 19, 2014 3:26 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 19, 2014 9:14 PM EST|
NAPLES, Fla.- What began as a vehicle fire spread to the structure at 1919 Gulfshore Blvd. Authorities estimate it caused more than $1 million in damage.
The fire marshal with the City of Naples said at least 10 cars were damaged, and that there is structural damage to nearby storage rooms. They fear the carport will collapse.
There has been no word of any injuries.
Smoke could be seen as far away as Golden Gate Parkway, near the Coastland Center.
Though the carport is separate from the condominium, some residents chose to evacuate the building on their own.
Part of Gulfshore Blvd. N. remains blocked as the investigation continues.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend