|Published:||Feb 19, 2014 4:18 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 19, 2014 6:16 PM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla. - A new library could be coming to Charlotte County!
County leaders have approached Punta Gorda leaders about a plot of land in town they think would be a great location for a south county library. The spot is by the History Park.
City leaders are discussing donating that property because it will speed up the process of building a library. The local group 'Friends of the Punta Gorda Library' say a new library is needed for the county as a whole.
"They feel the location we have now is very small, it's overutilized, the capacity needs to be enlarged and so they've really started these discussions," says Mayor Rahel Keesling.
The Mayor says some people think a better location for the library would be closer to downtown. Leaders want to get more public input on the proposal.
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed