|Published:||Nov 27, 2013 8:43 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 18, 2014 10:52 AM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's detectives have arrested the man they say is responsible for killing two people in a November car crash in Lehigh Acres. Remijio Saldana Perez, 45, was arrested last night at his residence.
The investigation shows Perez was driving a pickup truck while intoxicated when he failed to stop at a stop sign at the intersection of Columbus Boulevard and State Road 82. The pickup struck an SUV travelling westbound on State Road 82, causing the SUV to cross all lanes of the road before flipping upside down and landing in a drainage canal full of water. Both occupants of the SUV died at the scene.
The investigation shows Perez was travelling 36 miles per hour when he failed to stop and struck the SUV.
Perez is charged with two counts of DUI Manslaughter; DUI over .15; and DUI Property Damage.
The occupants of the 2006 Honda SUV were identified as Charles David Bader, 56, (the driver) and Michael Nicholas Katyryniuk, 66, (the front seat passenger). Both Bader and Katyryniuk were pronounced deceased at the scene by responding paramedics.
Perez was transported to Lee Memorial with non-life threatening injuries.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest