|Published:||Feb 18, 2014 1:37 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 18, 2014 1:37 PM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers is asking for the public's help identifying a man who was caught on camera, taking a wallet that had accidentally been left on the check out counter of a Lehigh Acres store.
According to the victim, he was at the customer service desk at the Walmart on Lee Boulevard around 10:45 p.m. on January 7th. After completing his transaction, he accidentally left his wallet on the counter before leaving the store. When he went back inside to retrieve his wallet, it was gone. However, store surveillance cameras caught a Hispanic male of medium build, picking up the wallet, looking inside, then sneakily slipping it into his pocket. Inside that wallet were numerous credit cards, and a bank envelope with more than $2,000 in cash.
Anyone with information on the identity of the unknown male is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). All callers will remain anonymous and will be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000. Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org or by texting a tip to CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD. Once identified and located, the suspect could face felony charges of grand theft.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Police video of Bieber's urine test released
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer