|Published:||Feb 18, 2014 12:44 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 18, 2014 12:55 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Spring fever is spreading beyond the fences of Hammond Stadium.
Tuesday, crews were in downtown Fort Myers shooting a commercial at Blake's Barber Shop with the Minnesota Twins. Ad creators tell WINK News the location plays into the theme of the commercial.
Glen Perkins, Mike Pelfry, Phil Hughes, Ricky Nolasco and Frank Viola are expected to make an appearance and will be dressed up like members of a barbershop singing group.
"Over the years we've had a history of doing pretty fun, memorable zany things just to get people to like the players and to bring them down to a level where people kind of feel like they know them for doing something kind of silly and offbeat," said Tom Witkowski, associative creative director.
Witkowski says the commercials will run in the Midwest and are designed to promote attendance during the regular season.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo