|Published:||Feb 18, 2014 5:12 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 18, 2014 5:12 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- LeeTran didn't get much of a reaction to its request for higher fares.
LeeTran wants to raise the basic fare from $1.25 cents, to a $1.50.
The public-supported transit service in Lee County made a presentation to commissioners today, but didn't get a decision. One commissioner asked if higher fares would discourage people from riding.
LeeTran is in need of more funding, so the proposed fare hike could come up again.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FSU students spend spring break 'serving the underserved'
- Former head of Harborside sues City of Ft. Myers