|Published:||Feb 14, 2014 2:11 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 14, 2014 2:11 PM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- A man was airlifted to Lee Memorial Hospitalafter he was found unconscious in the road way at the intersection of Harborside Avenue and Taylor Street last night.
At approximately 11:00 p.m. last night, Punta Gorda Police Officers responded to the scene and found 31-year-old Ronald Martin Jackson, in the road. Officers found he was breathing and had sustained serious injuries. Due to the injuries, EMS and fire personnel made arrangements to have him transported for treatment.
Further investigation revealed that Jackson was in downtown Punta Gorda drinking with his brother and some friends, when he got into a verbal argument with his brother, as they were trying to find their way out of the parking at 115 West Marion Avenue. His brother told police that he believed his brother got frustrated and jumped out of the rear passenger door of the car while they were moving. He estimated their speed to be approximately 15 miles per hour when his brother jumped out.
Jackson’s condition is unknown at this time, but he is expected to survive.
An investigation by Punta Gorda Police is ongoing.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend