|Published:||Feb 14, 2014 9:47 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 14, 2014 10:51 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Former Governor Jeb Bush spent Friday in Southwest Florida. His focus was meant to be on the "Celebration of Reading," an annual event that benefits his mother's foundation for family literacy.
"And I'm happy to talk about any on topic questions...See how many I get."
But he wasn't surprised when those questions veered off to focus on his plans for 2016. Will he run for president?
"I'm gonna wait til later this year to decide that. I'm certainly going to consider it prayerfully and thoughtfully," said Bush.
WINK News pressed Bush to find out if he had a deadline in mind.
"Later this year. Later on."
But Bush did reveal his decision will be based on two factors.
"One is it right is it right for me and my family? This is an ugly business these days, it's always been ugly but it seems to have gotten a little uglier. And can I do it with joy in my heart?"
In the end, his decision may also come down to advice from his mother, former First Lady Barbara Bush. She's previously sad she doesn't want Jeb to run for President.
"I always listen to my mother, I don't always follow her advice, got in trouble sometimes for not following it. But in this case, I'm gonna wait until later this year to decide that."
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean