|Published:||Feb 14, 2014 4:20 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 14, 2014 10:29 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A two-vehicle crash with injuries blocked westbound Daniels Pkwy. at Chamberlin Pkwy. for several hours Friday afternoon. The driver of one of the vehicles is now facing charges.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, one of the vehicles rolled over. FHP says a van being driven by 25 yr old Jefferson Alexander with seven passengers was traveling eastbound on Daniels Pkwy. when it crossed over the median and struck an SUV carrying three people. A total of 10 people were taken to area hospitals including six children. Most of the injuries were minor but a 3 yr old did suffer serious injuries. Everyone was wearing seatbelts or in child restraint seats. Alexander has been charged by FHP for failing to drive in a single lane and driving without a drivers license.
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed
- Woman dies after driving into pond