|Published:||Feb 12, 2014 6:24 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 12, 2014 6:31 PM EST|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla.- A piece of rebar pierced a small gas line during construction at a shopping plaza on the 3300 block of Bonita Beach Rd.
The Bonita Springs Fire Department evacuated the plaza out of caution and wanted to keep it evacuated until TECO repaired the line.
A TECO worker crimped the line. Firefighters are now inside, checking gas levels with gas meters. They will let people back into the plaza when gas levels are low.
The fire department is keeping a perimeter up while they dig and repair the line. Foam trucks will be at the ready, just in case.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017