|Published:||Feb 11, 2014 2:43 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 13, 2014 4:22 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- As a result of anonymous Crime Stoppers tips received, the man accused of heisting DVDs from a South Fort Myers 7-11 convenience store has been identified as 47-year-old Dale Russum. Lee County Sheriff's deputies arrested him today just before 3:30 p.m.
This is Russum's 13th arrest in Lee County. Over the years, Russum has been incarcerated for several counts of theft and burglary, dealing in stolen property, grand theft auto, loitering and prowling and multiple counts of the possession of marijuana, cocaine and drug paraphernalia. Russum is a registered felon who was last known to be living in Pine Manor, however he also has ties to North Fort Myers and Tice.
Surveillance cameras caught Russum allegedly walking into the 7-11 store shortly after 7:30 p.m. last Wednesday. After a brief stop in the restroom, Russum reportedly walked over to the DVD stand and loaded every single disk into his grey backpack before leaving the store.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community