|Published:||Feb 11, 2014 5:30 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 11, 2014 5:30 AM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. -- A kitchen fire has forced Collier County family from their home.
They refused help from the Red Cross and are now staying with friends. The East Naples Golden Gate Fire Department says the fire happened around 8 p.m. Monday in the 4000 block of 22nd Place Southwest.
Firefighters were able to confine the flames to the kitchen and say it appears to be cooking related. The house was not a total loss, but it's not clear when the family we be able to return to the home.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- Fla. could increase private school vouchers
- Man gets life for fatally shooting ex-girlfriend
- Ukraine throws wrench into Obama vacation plan