|Published:||Feb 11, 2014 10:21 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 11, 2014 10:21 AM EST|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's detectives are attempting to identify two men who made fraudulent charges on a Port Charlotte man’s credit card several times in late December.
On December 31, deputies met with the victim who had been notified by his bank concerning several odd charges to his credit card. When the man checked, he found that someone had been able to make charges at local restaurants, a convenience store and a local clothing store totaling about $345. Someone had also attempted to make additional charges of almost $300 but those charges did not go though. The victim still had possession of the credit card in question. He immediately cancelled that card through his bank.
Detectives viewed available video from the stores in question. The attached photo is from video taken at the Circle K Store #7413, located at 2512 Tamiami Trail. It shows two younger men, shortly after the card was used at that store on December 31 at about 2:40 a.m.
Anyone with information on the identity of either of these men is asked to please call the Sheriff’s Office at (941) 639-2101 (ask for Economic Crimes), or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend