|Published:||Feb 09, 2014 10:06 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 09, 2014 10:06 AM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The 8th Annual Coconut Point Art Festival wraps up today from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. 250 of the finest artists in the country will transform the parking fields of Coconut Point into an outdoor gallery style art show with live music, and a free art giveaway.
The artistic media include original paintings, life size sculptures, photography, glass, wood, jewelry, collage and mixed media. The array of handcrafted art and affordable items provide an eclectic selection of unique and memorable gifts for Valentine’s Day.
The show will once again feature the finest artists in the country, welcoming back many favorites and introducing new artists to the area.
“We look forward to returning to Estero each season,” says festival promoter Howard Alan. “Locals, tourists and art enthusiasts appreciate our first rate festivals and return to each one eager to see new work by their favorite artists and explore the art."
Volunteers of Keep Lee County Beautiful, a civic organization dedicated to protecting the environment and improving the quality of life in Lee County, will provide information and answer questions about Lee County’s award-winning recycling program as well as provide tips on how to Keep Lee County Beautiful.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers