|Published:||Feb 07, 2014 12:16 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 07, 2014 12:16 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The suspect accused in the death of a homeless man will stay in jail for the time being.
James Vaughan is facing murder charges for the death of Martin Eelman. Today, a judge denied him bond.
Detectives found Eelman's body Wednesday afternoon in a field behind the Reliance Bank on Lee Boulevard in Lehigh Acres.
According to the arrest report, Vaughan admitted he beat and stabbed the victim with one of his pocket knives.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Lehigh Middle student allegedly brings knife to school