|Published:||Feb 06, 2014 1:24 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 06, 2014 2:07 PM EST|
TAMPA- A family cat unknowingly sabotaged the family's dog, when she knocked her owner's hair bands from the bathroom counter onto the floor. The 2-year-old Boston terrier ate all 27 of them.
The terrier, Lucy, began vomiting and became lethargic. The family took Lucy to the vet, where X-rays revealed the undigested hair-bands in Lucy’s stomach and small intestines.
Only surgery could fix it, so Lucy was referred for emergency surgery to BluePearl Veterinary Partners, a specialty and emergency hospital for pets in Tampa. Dr. Nicole Salas performed the hour-and-a-half long surgery, meticulously retrieving one hair band at a time.
Lucy is expected to make a full recovery and is scheduled to return home on Friday.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- Taxpayers footing the bill for Damas hearings, treatment
- Deadly accident in Fort Myers
- Immokalee firefighters donate new bikes after damaging one