|Published:||Feb 06, 2014 8:55 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 06, 2014 5:22 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Two women were transported to Lee Memorial Hospital after a serious crash on McGregor Boulevard and Port Comfort Road around 8:30 a.m.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the driver of a red pickup truck, heading eastbound on McGregor, lost control. She crossed over the median and hit the driver of a gray SUV that was heading westbound.
The woman in the SUV drove off the road into the brush and was trapped. Witnesses said first responders had to use the jaws of life to get her out of the vehicle. That victim is listed in critical condition.
The driver of the red truck will most likely be cited for careless driving and possibly other charges.
McGregor Blvd. has re-opened.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search