|Published:||Feb 04, 2014 7:54 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 04, 2014 7:54 PM EST|
NAPLES, Fla.- The Wings of Freedom Tour is in Naples for one more day, taking people on flights in B24 and B17 aircraft, including a World War II vet who used to fly the planes himself.
George Miller was filled with memories as he took off in the plane he used to pilot, only this time he was a passenger.
The almost 92-year-old flew 18 missions in the B24, based in England, and he can tell you about almost all of them.
This opportunity to get back in the sky was made possible by the Wings of Freedom tour, which brings the B24, B17 and other aircraft to communities across the country.
The organization asks for a $450 donation per person for each flight.
Miller described the flight as "awesome" as we soared above Collier County waterways for a 30 minute flight.
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.