|Published:||Jan 31, 2014 11:53 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 31, 2014 1:03 PM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies arrested Matthew Morrison, 19, for lewd/lacivious battery after meeting up with a 15-year-old near Charlotte High School approximately 11 times for sex.
The victim was interviewed last week, and told authorities Morrison was aware of her age. She said the incidents occured in a wooded area in Punta Gorda during school hours or after school. The victim said the two started having sex just before Christmas break of 2013, and that the last incident occured January 16. On the last occassion, the victim said she left school early, and brought a friend with her, to meet up with Morrison.
Detectives interviewed the victim's friend, who described how the two teens skipped school to meet up with Morrison in a wooded area near Taylor Rd. and Narranja St. She claimed to have witnessed Morrison and the victim having sex, but said she left the scene and returned to school.
According to the arrest report, after Morrison got into a fight with the victim and exited the woods that day, he re-entered them, only for to have a Punta Gorda Police Officer to follow him back in. The officer contacted the school resource officer to return the juveniles to school.
Morrison was located at his home yesterday and taken into custody. After an interview, deputies found probably cause to arrest him for the crimes.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigate trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate