|Published:||Jan 31, 2014 8:07 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 31, 2014 8:07 AM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The former host of a Saturday morning Christian radio show called "It's God's Money," is one of two men arrested this month in a Ponzi scheme that authorities say defrauded 38 people in the Tampa Bay area of $6 million.
The Tampa Tribune (http://bit.ly/1fAVdLA) reports that Gary L. Gauthier, who lives in Michigan, was arrested along with accountant David George Dreslin.
The two are charged with one count of racketeering, one count of conspiring to engage in a pattern of racketeering activity, two counts of organized fraud, six counts of the sale of an unregistered security, six counts of the sale of a security by an unregistered dealer and two counts of security fraud.
It's unclear whether the two men have retained attorneys.
Information from: The Tampa (Fla.) Tribune, http://www.tampatrib.com
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- Man surrenders after lengthy situation in St. James City
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Immokalee firefighters donate new bikes after damaging one
- Taxpayers footing the bill for Damas hearings, treatment
- FMB holds election for Town Council members