|Published:||Jan 29, 2014 2:29 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 29, 2014 2:29 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Chico’s has announced it will be expanding business to Mexico.
The Chico’s brand expansion in Mexico will begin with a stand-alone boutique opening at Perisur Mall, Mexico City in Spring 2014. The second stand-alone boutique will open in Villahermosa, Tabasco.
The Chico’s brand was founded in 1983 as a boutique selling Mexican folk art and cotton sweaters from a store in Sanibel Island. Today, Chico’s sells exclusively designed, private branded clothing for women featuring a combination of great style with on-trend, expressive and one-of-a-kind designs to yield a wardrobe that is fashionable, unique, and comfortable.
“We believe Mexico is a great first foray into the international arena for the Chico’s brand. It represents an important part of the overall global expansion of Chico’s FAS, Inc.,” says Bill Bine, Chico’s Vice President, International Operations. “We are excited to announce our partnership with Liverpool. Their experience and understanding of the customer in the Mexican market, combined with the strength of the Chico’s brand creates a tremendous opportunity for international growth.”
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend