|Published:||Jan 27, 2014 11:04 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 27, 2014 11:04 AM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Police say a driver who sped away from an officer died in a crash minutes later on Orlando's John Young Parkway.
The officer approached the vehicle Sunday evening because it was stopped in a turn lane near Interstate 4. Police say the man drove away when the officer asked him to get out of the vehicle.
WFTV in Orlando (http://bit.ly/L1j79b ) reports the man was not being chased by police officers when he crashed into the back of a minivan. The vehicle overturned. The driver was killed and some of the occupants of the minivan were taken to the hospital for treatment.
Police have not identified the deceased driver.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders
- Mom blames husband after driving kids into ocean
- Man accused of hitting bicyclist & fleeing scene faces judge