|Published:||Jan 27, 2014 10:28 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 27, 2014 10:28 AM EST|
GIBSONTON, Fla. (AP) - Hillsborough County fire officials say a driver escaped without injury after his bus caught on fire on Interstate 75 near Tampa.
The fire broke out early Monday. Fire officials say they had to bring in a water tanker to fight the fire because there were no nearby hydrants.
The fire caused an early-morning backup on southbound I-75.
Hillsborough Area Regional Transit officials say the driver was the only person on the bus when the fire broke out.
There was no word on what caused the fire.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FSU students spend spring break 'serving the underserved'
- Former head of Harborside sues City of Ft. Myers