|Published:||Jan 26, 2014 11:10 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 27, 2014 9:16 AM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Schuyler Morris is the man accused of killing a Collier County Marine, Christopher Corey. Morris made his first appearance in court Sunday. The 22-year-old, who also goes by "Skyman Skyman" according to the sheriff's report, is facing armed burglary and felony murder charges in connection with the death of 25-year-old Corey.
The report states that last monday, deputies found Corey in his home, facedown, in a pool of blood. His two dogs were also killed. The medical examiner determined he'd been shot with a rifle.
The sheriff's report says on the night Corey was killed, he was with a girl, drawing, watching TV and smoking marijuana. The door flung open and then, Morris and an unidentified man ordered everyone on the ground. According to the report, there was a fight, Corey's dogs attacked the men and gunshots rang out.
Neighbors said they saw someone run from the home and jump into a car. The report says tests for blood inside Corey's car and on a shirt inside the car, came out positive and that he had dog bites on his right arm. Friday, a dive team searched an East Naples pond in relation to the case. Saturday, Morris was arrested.
Morris is being held on no bond. The court also signed an order for him to relinquish any firearms if he were to be released at any point. The judge said that is unlikely.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- 6-foot-long pet snake has surgery after eating a towel