|Published:||Jan 25, 2014 3:53 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 30, 2014 1:19 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's deputies arrested a man whose accused of not only stealing a TV set from Target last week, but also of assaulting a loss prevention officer in the process.
Joshua Agosto, 23, was identified and arrested, thanks to tips to SWFL Crime Stoppers. Agosto is a repeat offender, with previous arrests for burglary, grand theft and aggravated battery on a pregnant victim. He now faces charges of grand theft, battery and resisting a merchant, as well as a second unrelated warrant for battery.
Shortly before 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 22nd, Agosto allegedly was caught on camera perusing the Target store located at 8040 Mediterranean Drive in Estero. After selecting a One Direction CD, he wheeled his cart to the electronics section, where he picked out a 40" Westinghouse computer. After lingering around the exit area for a few minutes, the man bolted out the door with the stolen items.
A loss prevention officer caught up with Agosto and identified himself as store security, at which point the suspect grabbed the employee by the arm and face, and slammed him into a nearby wall. Agosto then ran to a SUV parked close to the store and left at a high rate of speed.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean