Published: Jan 23, 2014 5:13 PM EST
Updated: Jan 23, 2014 6:09 PM EST

LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A Lee County Deputy who shot and killed a woman this summer will not face criminal charges.  Deputies say the suspect, Donna Weaver of Bonita Springs threatened them and refused to put down her pistol.

The State Attorneys Office released its review of the sheriff's office investigation and cleared the deputy.

State Attorney Steve Russell wrote in part, "I am convinced that the actions of the officer involved in this incident were a legally justifiable use of deadly force, in defense of himself or others."

The shooting happened on July 29, 2013.  Deputies responded to a home on Okeana Street in Bonita Springs after several calls to 911.

Callers reported Donna Weaver was drunk, destroying property, and "beating on" her boyfriend.

Toxicology result show Weaver had a BAC of .219.

In a sworn statement, Deputy Christopher Meyer, who shot Weaver, said he could hear someone say she was coming out of the home with a gun.

Deputy Meyer described Weaver standing outside her door brandishing a pistol and saying "I've got one chambered for you.  You guys are gonna have to (expletive) kill me."

The deputy also told prosecutors "I was in fear for my safety.  I thought she was gonna shoot me."

The report states a surveillance camera from a neighbors back yard picked up audio from the incident.  The report states deputies could be heard ordering Weaver to put the gun down more than 14 times, with Weaver responding with expletives, followed by the sound of three gunshots.

Investigators said Deputy Meyer fired three times.  Weaver died of a gunshot wound to the chest.

In an earlier interview with WINK News, Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott said Weaver had every opportunity to step down peacefully.

"Our deputies ordered her several times to drop a weapon and she refused to do that so deadly force was met with deadly force," he said.

The State Attorneys Office said it found nothing that would contradict the sheriff's office investigation, and Deputy Meyer's use of deadly force was justified.

The case is considered closed.