|Published:||Jan 22, 2014 8:34 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 22, 2014 11:16 AM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - A 29-year-old woman was seriously injured in a rollover crash on southbound I-75, near Pine Ridge Rd. just before 8:00 a.m.
I-75 southbound was briefly closed down for a medical helicopter to land and take Linda McCarthy to Lee Memorial Hospital. The road has since reopened.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, McCarthy traveled to the left, then to the right, fishtailing before rolling over in the median several times.
McCarthy was wearing her seat belt at the time of the crash, and alcohol is not considered a factor.
Charges are pending further investigation.
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba