|Published:||Jan 21, 2014 3:33 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 21, 2014 3:33 PM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fl. - If you've walked past the historic court house in Punta Gorda you might have noticed the new artwork on the side wall.
It's the Punta Gorda Historic Mural Society's latest undertaking. The mural is called 'The Life and Times of George Brown.'
It honors the well known businessman who is remembered for his community efforts and commerce practices at the turn of the century.
"He exercised some very unique principles to make his business prosper. He hired based solely on skill, he had no concern for race and he paid all equally," says Ron Norsell with the Punta Gorda Historic Mural Society.
The mural is expected to be finished by February 20th just in time for a dedication ceremony happening that evening.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after lengthy situation in St. James City
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store