|Published:||Jan 21, 2014 11:46 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 21, 2014 11:46 AM EST|
MIAMI (AP) - Officials say a wrong way driver caused a head-on collision that killed three people on Miami's Krome Avenue.
The Sunday morning crash left three others injured and two vehicles badly burned.
The crash killed 15-year-old Gisele Betancourt. The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/1jkeXIo ) reports she was riding in a car with her 19-year-old brother Erick, who was the wrong way driver.
The Florida Highway Patrol says three other people were in the SUV. Two people died inside the car they hit.
A preliminary investigation shows the SUV was traveling south in the northbound lanes. Two people were dead at the scene. Four people were taken to the hospital, where a third person died.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free