|Published:||Jan 21, 2014 11:06 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 21, 2014 11:06 AM EST|
NORTH MIAMI, Fla. (AP) - A 3-year-old boy is dead and his mother is being questioned by North Miami police investigators.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/1fVZMVm ) reports the boy's mother called police at 3:30 a.m. Tuesday to report that her son was not breathing.
The child was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Maj. Neal Cuevas told The Herald the child had been dead for at least three hours. He says the boy showed signs of trauma.
The Department of Children and Families has taken the woman's 5-year-old daughter into protective custody.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge