|Published:||Jan 18, 2014 7:19 PM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 18, 2014 7:19 PM EST|
LAND O'LAKES, Fla. (AP) - Funeral services are being held for a Tampa Bay-area man who was shot and killed during a dispute over texting at a movie theater.
Family and friends filed into a Land O'Lakes church Saturday to say goodbye to Chad Oulson. The service was open to the public.
The Tampa Bay Times reports (http://bit.ly/19CYkEA ) that family photos and mementos such as Oulson's motorcycle boots and a dirt bike jersey were displayed inside the Land O'Lakes Church of God.
Oulson's wife was shot in the hand during the dispute Monday at a Pasco County movie theater. Nicole Oulson's lawyers say she is "grieving the death of her husband" and comforting the couple's 22-month-old daughter.
Retired police officer Curtis Reeves has been charged with second-degree murder and held without bail in the shooting.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend