|Published:||Jan 17, 2014 5:52 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 17, 2014 5:52 AM EST|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Florida Gov. Rick Scott is putting a top aide in charge of his re-election.
Scott on Friday will announce the appointment of Melissa Sellers as campaign manager. Sellers now works as the governor's communications director.
Scott said he had "full confidence" in Sellers running the campaign.
State Sen. John Thrasher will be named Scott's re-election campaign chairman. Miami health care executive Mike Fernandez and Darlene Jordan will work as finance chairs for Scott. Jordan served as a finance co-chair for Mitt Romney in 2008.
Matt Moon, the communications director for the Republican Party of Florida, will become the main spokesman for Scott's re-election campaign. Tim Saler, a deputy executive director for the state party, will become deputy campaign manager. Susan Hepworth will take's Moon's job with the party.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate