|Published:||Jan 16, 2014 11:00 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 16, 2014 11:52 AM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A 44-year-old man died overnight in a single-vehicle crash near the intersection of Wildcat Drive and Linda Lee Way.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office received the 911 call just before 1:00 a.m. Upon their arrival, they located a 2001 Ford F-150 in shrubs, up against a power pole. The driver and sole occupant, identified as Victor Manuel Diaz Blanco, was pronounced deceased on scene.
Facts revealed that the Ford was traveling north bound on Wildcat Drive at a high rate of speed. At some point, Blanco lost control of his vehicle causing it to exit the roadway and strike a power pole.
Blanco, who was not wearing a seat belt, struck the front portion of the Ford and sustained fatal injuries.
Speed and alcohol may have been factors in the crash. Deputies have notified next-of-kin.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend