|Published:||Jan 15, 2014 11:46 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 15, 2014 12:52 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Charles Lawson, the state investigator charged with DUI and suspected in the hit and run death of a man on Christmas morning, has resigned from his job with the State Attorney's Office.
A spokesperson for the State Attorney's Office said Lawson submitted his resignation yesterday.
His suspension with pay had recently been changed to suspension without pay, pending the outcome of the investigation.
Lawson's case will be prosecuted in Palm Beach County to avoid a conflict of interest.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling