|Published:||Jan 15, 2014 10:19 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 15, 2014 10:22 AM EST|
CAPE CORAL, FL - A teen who could light up a room. That's how Eddie Bugg's coach describes the sports phenom. "I believe he would have been playing on Sunday rather than watching on Sunday", said coach Mike Urraro alluding to the teen's potential to be a pro player one day. Eddie passed away from cancer a few days after Christmas. Urraro says one of Eddie's last wishes was to have his highlight reel shown on ESPN. Friends and fans took on the task of making that happen. They launched a Twitter campaign, #geteddieonespn. Urraro says thousands of tweets came in from all around the world. Their efforts paid off. Eddie's clip was show on Tuesday night as announcers gave play by play commentary about his abilities on the field.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigate trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- It's almost time to 'spring forward'
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school