|Published:||Jan 13, 2014 11:11 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 13, 2014 11:11 AM EST|
BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The Coast Guard is searching for a 16-year-old boy who went missing while swimming in the waters off South Florida.
The Coast Guard says Boynton Beach Police reported the teen missing Sunday evening.
Authorities say he was last seen swimming shirtless near the Boynton Beach Inlet. The teen went underwater but failed to resurface while swimming with a cousin.
Palm Beach County authorities have joined the Coast Guard's search for the boy.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge