|Published:||Jan 12, 2014 6:27 AM EST|
|Updated:||Jan 12, 2014 9:49 AM EST|
Fort Myers, FLa. - The Florida Highway Patrol has confirmed 27-year-old Crystal Lee Thomas died after a car crash on Evergreen Road and Piney Road in North Fort Myers. FHP says it happened just after 12:30 A.M. on Sunday.
A power line was hit and broken in half in the crash. No power outages were reported.
Troopers say Thomas lost control of her Ford 250 and eventually crashed into a power pole and was thrown from the vehicle. She was not wearing a seatbelt.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- New patrol cars to help combat traffic offenses